Let’s pencil you in while you are pregnant…
• We recommend that you pre-book your newborn session prior to your baby’s birth to ensure we can secure you an appointment, ideally book in after your 20 week scan. If your baby has already arrived give us a call and we will try our best to fit your new arrival in for his or her first photo session.
• Once baby has arrived, drop us a text soon after you deliver so we can arrange a suitable time for the session.
When is the best time to photograph your newborn?
• Newborn sessions achieve the best results when photographed within the first 14 days of birth, however, we recommend photographing your newborn within the first 7 days if possible. Although if you miss this time frame we are always willing to try to capture some newborn poses up to 6 weeks old after 6 weeks it is unlikely we will be able to get a sleepy newborn pose but we can still take some lovely photographs of your baby.
• We’ll be moving them around into those sleepy newborn images, so we want to make sure they’re sleepy enough to allow us to handle them.
• All babies grow at different stages and are unique within there growth so our suggestion is a early as possible.
Where we photograph your baby?
• Our newborn sessions take place in our studio. This is so we have access to all of our baby props, lighting and photography equipment to make sure your images are perfect of your little one!
• Before you arrive we will heat up the studio during the session as newborn babies are used to being all cosy and warm.... We will then take off their clothes for those adorable naked baby photographs. They tend not to like that too much, by turning up the heating will help make the session flow more smoothly and help them sleep better. We may be sweating, but baby will be nice and warm.
• Your baby will be naked in most of the photographs, but we pose them so that all the “important bits” are not on show.
• Most of the images we’ll be shooting work best if the baby is in a deep sleep. We recommend a good feed and wind before the session, to help baby sleep. So when you arrive the baby will be a content as possible. We’ll also be more than happy to take as many breaks as needed so please bring along a few extra feeds... It’s tough work being a model!
How long will it take to photograph my baby? Please be patient!
• Newborn sessions can last anywhere from 1 - 3 hours! It all depends on baby’s willingness to sleep. Unfortunately…this isn’t something we can predict! And if sleep doesn’t happen, that’s okay! The younger the baby the more likely a baby will be willing to sleep and easier to pose.
• We’re very comfortable holding and posing newborns, you're baby is in safe hands! We let the baby lead the photo session; getting them to sleep before posing takes time and they may need to be fed or cuddled a few times first.
• Your baby is going to be in the naked for the majority of the session. Please don’t panic if your baby decides use our blankets as a nappy this is natural and we expect it! We wash all of our baby props and blankets between each session.
Do we have props?
• We have a collection of bowls, headbands, hats and blankets, but we welcome you to use any of your own props.
• If you have any family heirlooms, toys, hats, teddies and props, etc that you would like me to use in your session, please bring them with you. We may not get the chance to use all of your items, but we’ll look through them with you to see what will work best.
Your baby’s safety!
• Your baby’s safety comes first, if there is ever a point where you become uncomfortable, just let us know! We take every precaution to ensure that your baby is never in any danger. We will always make sure that a parent or assistant is nearby incase needed.
I hope this has answered all you question about our newborn photography sessions at Expressions. If there is any more details or any queries please feel free to contact us and speak to us direct. If you could like to book yourself in call us on the numbers below or text us with your due date so we can pencil you in, don't forget to put your name on your text. Congratulations and good luck we hope everything runs smoothly.... Gemma & Emma at Expressions Photo & Design Studio
Emma: 07900 502 284
Gift Vouchers available on request